WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THE COURSE
The 7km, 15km, and 30km courses offer an amazing scenic route through the Toowoomba range. There will be checkpoints offering an opportunity to stop for water and snacks, as well as volunteer support to keep you motivated. First Aid members will be stationed at various checkpoints.
WHERE DOES THE RUN/ WALK START AND FINISH
Milne Bay Military Challenge starts and finishes at 2 Campbell Street – Toowoomba Anglican School’s Bogunda Oval.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING – COMPULSORY EQUIPMENT:
What to wear checklist –
- Well-fitting walking shoes or trainers
- Lightweight waterproof jacket
- Sports top or we encourage all participants to wear the Milne Bay Military Challenge t-shirt.
- Shorts or hiking pants
What to bring checklist –
- Snacks, fruit and nut bars, bananas, etc
- Towelette or small quick dry towel
- Minimum of two (2) mobile phones per team (preferably on two different networks with one on the Telstra Network with the same phone numbers given to the Event Organisers as registration details. Race Officials may send out SMS alert messages or call in case of an emergency to these phone numbers.
- Hydration bladder, 1 litre water bottle or you can use your free water bottle which can be filled on site. Participants must have the ability to carry a least 1 litre of water in bottles or a hydration bladder. Water and Tailwind will be available at all checkpoints, however, cups will not be provided.
- Your race number bib is preferably worn on the front of your shirt.
- Please put the following emergency contact number into your phone contacts list – MBMC Emergency Number: 0490 524 560.